Taste buds are weird; these get highly activated on sensing a high-calorie food and fades out while gobbling healthy food but in reality, maintaining a balance between both is the key to good health. Well, healthy food is not always boring or tasteless, rather it can be spiced up a bit to benefit your health.
Now, answering Is snacking a bad habit in one word would be – “NO”, as good snacking can bring home a healthy lifestyle instead. It’s the mindless eating that costs the heath, so, experience the power of habit formation by adopting better eating habits and earn your cheat meals occasionally! Let’s have a look at how you can break that list of bad habits:
- Avoid emotional eating and devouring out of boredom
- Slow down your eating to kick start the metabolism.
- Never eat while standing up
- Starving never helps
- Not eating enough throughout the day makes you binge on late night snacks
- Skipping breakfast and lack of exercise are the biggest diet blunders
- Not planning meals rush you to eat whatever you see
- Consuming more processed foods and slurping more liquid calories is a big ‘NO’
- Eating while watching TV is a thumb down, so always keep distractions away and notice what & how much are you eating!
Those who are targeting a weight loss need to adopt adequate eating and lifestyle habits, and if you are wondering how to lose weight, then here are a few health tips that can help you in breaking bad. Now, let’s now dig into how you can ripe the benefits of adequate snacking.
Health Tips aiding you in breaking bad habits:
- Identify if you are really hungry
- Have a heavy breakfast
- Drink lots of water
- Adopt frying alternatives such as baking and Air Frying
- Reduce the consumption of oil, salt, and sugar
- Increase fiber intake
- Add whole-grain snacks to your diet
- Keep portable snacks with you
- Avoid keeping tempting food items around you
- Control your food portions
- Split your meals into 5 or 6 rather than 3 big meals a day.
- Indulge in intermediate snacking
- Take the last meal at least 30 minutes before you go to sleep
- Take a good sleep to curb your food cravings all day.
Making a quality choice between good habits and bad habits can do wonders for your health. As the over consumption of unhealthy food can result in behaving badly, any such behavior change requires an immediate transformation in your eating habits. Though this habit formation is difficult but looking at its benefits can quantify its vitality. It’s a self-built norm that snacking is a bad habit, but if done mindfully; snacking can actually be healthy for you!
So, now let’s quickly identify some weight loss foods:
- Grab a healthy snack like 5-7 almonds
- Gulp veggies with a spoonful of hummus
- Have a handful of dry roasted nuts or relish some dark chocolate
- Slurp some soups and adapt to skimmed milk
- Make two hard-boiled eggs your diet companion
- Have Greek Yogurt with mixed berries
- Have some sliced apples with a spoon of peanut butter
- Try cottage cheese topped up with flax seeds with a pinch of cinnamon
Never be skeptical about changing your diets. Any habit formation doesn’t happen overnight but gradually adapting quality eating and lifestyle habits can certainly do righteous for you. Well, gobbling that one big slice of pizza/ a plate of pasta or once in a while nighttime noshing never harms anyone but do watch the portions!