The Covid-19 chaos has been hovering over our heads since its invasion in the country and it has flooded our minds with lots of questions and confusion! As it has created panic among people making our everyday life hectic and stressful, most of our challenges revolve around food – ranging from preparing food to ordering it online and then receiving food to consuming it. The most asked question these days- Is ordering food safe? has further triggered tons of questions and has raised safety concerns!
To clear the air, being well-informed and cautious is the need of the hour. According to credible reports, no evidence has yet been found claiming food a transmitter of coronavirus, which signifies that it’s safe to order food at home or office! That means you can rely on trustworthy corporate catering services to serve you scrumptious corporate lunches during tiring office hours, but of course with all the required precautions.
To order food, only trust the reliable corporate catering companies that follow the proper guidelines issued by WHO; right from cooking the food to delivering it. Indian food is cooked at 70-72 Degree Celsius, which doesn’t let the virus survive on such high temperatures. Then the only way of getting contaminated with the coronavirus is by coming in contact with an infected person or a surface carrying the virus. Evidently, during the process of ordering food to receiving it, the probable surface bearing that virus could be the outer packaging of food, so if you dispose of that properly and wash your hands vigorously afterwards, you will be fine!
Tips to ward off coronavirus and relish your ordered food
- Always order from reliable food catering services that follow the FSSAI norms of food preparation such as cooking at 75 Degree Celsius or 165 Degree Fahrenheit
- Handle the outer packaging of delivered food properly and avoid touching your face during and after handling it.
- Unpack the boxes immediately after receiving it
- Quickly transfer your food from packets to the pan or plate to re-heat it.
- Dispose of the cardboard or plastic packaging and close the dustbin properly.
- Afterwards, wash your hands for good 20 seconds
- As it’s acclaimed by the “Centre of Food Safety, University of Georgia”, the virus is highly sensitive to cooking, so, re-heat your received food for 2-3 minutes before consuming it
- If you feel the need, receive your food with gloves on your hands, though it’s not essential.
Proven ways to mitigate the risks related to coronavirus
- Paying online to avoid cash transactions
- Ensuring no contact with the delivery person
- Storing your food below -5 Degree Celsius or above 60 Degree Celsius.
- The reports suggest non-vegetarian food is completely safe but don’t eat anything raw.
- Preferably eat hot food
- Heat your food on high flame for 5-30 minutes till it boils/ steams well.
- Consume frozen food only after frying
- Prefer easy-to-dispose plates over the ones requiring you to eat directly
As the coronavirus spreads through sneezing, exhaling & coughs, so, there is a lower risk of getting contaminated with it through food. The food ordered from reputed corporate kitchens that maintain all the standards of hygiene & cleanliness, is safe. The reliable catering companies like ours, opt for contactless deliveries ensuring your food be dropped off in a way minimizing the contact with you. So, you can trust us, the most reputed corporate caterers in Gurgaon for the safe catering services during the Covid-19 pandemic.